Taupo’s Floatplane II
Taupo’s Floatplane offer a range of scenic tours over New Zealand’s World Heritage Tongariro National Park, Volcanic Plateau, Lake Taupo and White Island.
While experiencing the exhilarating sensation of taking off from and landing on water, enjoy vistas so breathtaking they will never be forgotten.
Lakes of Rotorua
- Head North towards the lakes of Rotorua, overflying the Green and Blue Lakes, buried village and Lake Tarawera before climbing to the summit of Mount Tarawera viewing the massive fissure formed during the 1886 eruption. On the way home wonder at the sacred waters of Wai-O-Tapu and Orakei Korako geothermal areas. With the option of a landing to take a walk around the silica terraces, steaming geysers and boiling mud pools of Orakei Korako before continuing back to Taupo.
- Taupo’s Floatplane “White Island” scenic flight departs from the shores of Taupo flying over the Ohaaki Power Station to Mount Tarawera exploring the gash left by the eruption in 1886 killing 108 people. The flight then continues past Mt Edgecumbe over the coast of the Bay of Plenty region to New Zealand’s most active volcano – White Island. Returning via the lakes of Rotorua and its city. Fly over the hidden valley of Orakei Korako with the option of landing for a 1 hour walk through this geothermal paradise (extra $85 p.p.), before returning via the steamy “Craters of the Moon” geothermal area and Huka Falls to land along the Taupo Lakefront.
Flight and Dine
- Try something romantic….. Just for the two of you…..As the only passengers in the plane, you can snuggle up together while watching the sun set over beautiful Lake Taupo and Mt Tongariro. Upon your return from the 45 minute flight, a gift basket and bottle chilled champagne will be waiting for you to enjoy. Book this trip in advance as there are only two available each day and don’t forget to ask about the deluxe upgrade.
- On demand, weather and minimum numbers permitting
- Flights range from 10 minutes – 2 hours
- Taupo’s Floatplane’s aircraft and pilots are fully licensed by CAA under part 135.
- All our flights are subject to weather permitting
- Weight restrictions may apply
- Flight times are approximate and may vary
Taupo Boat Harbour, Ferry Road, Taupo, New Zealand.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 5-15 years, under 5 years are free
* All flights require a minimum of 2 Adult fares
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.