Stewart Island Experience Village & Bay Tours
Stewart Island Village & Bay Tours
Stewart Island is New Zealand’s ultimate eco-tourism destination. Its densely forested hills, and untouched coastline of rocky outcrops and golden sand beaches make it a haven for native marine and bird life. Vivid dawn and twilight hues give rise to the island’s Maori name, Rakiura – land of the glowing skies.
Gain an entertaining insight into New Zealand’s southernmost community, and learn about the history and environment of Stewart Island.
Unspoiled, incredibly beautiful, and steeped in stories, Stewart Island (known as Rakiura – glowing skies – by Maori) is well worth this informative introduction. Our local guides enjoy sharing their knowledge of the area on this mini-bus tour of the Island. You will have plenty of time to get off the bus for photo stops and short walks.
Highlights include a visit to the gateway to Rakiura National Park at Lee Bay, beautiful Horseshoe Bay and Observation Rock with its stunning views of Paterson Inlet.
Village and Bays Tours
- Explore Oban township and the surrounding bays in a modern mini-buses
- Gain an entertaining insight into New Zealand’s southernmost community
- Learn about the history and environment of this beautiful island
- Stewart Islanders are proud of their home – enjoying its simpler, slower pace
- The local guides enjoy sharing their knowledge & allow plenty of time for photo stops
- Highlights include a visit to the Rakiura National Park entrance at Lee Bay, beautiful Horseshoe Bay and stunning views of Paterson Inlet from Observation Rock
- Tours depart from the Oban Visitor Centre
- All Year: 11 am & 1 pm
- November – April: 11 am, 1 pm & 4 pm
- Village and Bays Tours: 1 hour 30 minutes
Tours depart from the Oban Visitor Centre, Stewart Island, New Zealand.