The Skyline Rotorua complex is situated just minutes from central Rotorua, high up Mt Ngongotaha. To begin your Skyline Rotorua adventure, take a leisurely uphill Gondola ride and enjoy the extensive views of Rotorua, the surrounding lakes and geothermal areas.
At the top, the thrill of the Luge, the relaxing buffet and grill restaurant, nature walks, adventure activities, the Jelly Belly Shop and Volcanic Hills winery and tasting room all await you.
- Jump on board one of the eight-seater Gondola cabins and experience Rotorua’s most spectacular views!
- On arrival at Skyline Rotorua, relax and take in the 180 degree panorama, take a walk on the nature trails or choose from one of the exciting activity options on offer – such as Luge, the Skyswing or Skyvue 4D motion theatre.
- Skyline Luge is a fun, fast-paced family activity that everyone will enjoy! Part go-cart, part toboggan, the Rotorua Luge offers a truly unique outdoor experience suitable for all ages.
- Rotorua Luge has three tracks of differing skill levels winding through beautiful forest.
Once at the bottom, ride the scenic chairlift back to the top of the track.
Buffet & Grill Restaurant
- Awarded a New Zealand Beef and Lamb Excellence Award for 2013 and 2014! This restaurant will provide you with magnificent panoramic views of Rotorua and surrounds, and a delicious array of fresh buffet style dishes.
- Feast on mouth-watering fresh soups and salads and seafood specialties such as mussels, queen scallops, sushi and sashimi.
- Enjoy the carvery roasts of beef, lamb or pork with specialty sauces to match, with live cooking from your friendly chefs.
- The legendary Art of the Grill menu will tempt your taste buds even further, with a selection of fillet steak, prawn and Morten Bay Bugs – all cooked on the grill to your liking.
- Add to that mouth-watering desserts, and you’ve got yourself a unique dining experience not to be missed.
- Book your restaurant experience at Skyline Rotorua today!
Volcanic Hills Winery & Tasting Room
- Skyline Rotorua is proud to present the Volcanic Hills wine tasting room. The winemakers invite you to sample their handcrafted wines from New Zealand’s most recognised and respected wine regions.
- The tasting room allows you to sample the best Volcanic Hills has to offer while enjoying the 180° panoramic views over Lake Rotorua.
- Guests then have the option to enjoy a meal in the Skyline Restaurant, where meals are matched with the appropriate Volcanic Hills wines.
- Explore constellations, look for a shooting star and discover planets invisible to the naked eye with the new Skyline Rotorua Stargazing experience.
- Mt Ngongotaha is one of the top eight locations in New Zealand for stargazing where the dark clear skies blanketing Rotorua make for a breathtaking experience.
- Skyline Rotorua offers top-of-the-line telescopes to give stargazers the chance to view an amazing array of sights, from the iconic Southern Cross to nebulas, planets, the Milky Way and other galaxies.
- The most impressive telescope is called ‘The Don,’ weighing over 100kg and performing 2,586 times better than your eye at gathering light, to see space like never before. What’s unique about this telescope is its sharpness – stars are sharp all the way to the edge, which is not the case for 99% of other telescopes.
- Why not take a stroll on the scenic Rotorua walking track, view exotic and native plantings around the complex and take advantage of fantastic views and seating areas.
- Your chance to swing high above Rotorua! The Skyswing is a thrilling and exhilarating ride, 50 metres above ground level and reaching speeds of up to 120kph.
- A whole new way to experience Mount Ngongotaha! Our unique 400-metre dual ziplines allow you to race your friends & family at speeds of up to 80km/h. Soar metres from the treetops and feel the thrill of flying with Lake Rotorua as your backdrop. Finish your experience with a thrilling 13m free fall jump!
Jelly Belly Shop
- Skyline have teamed up with the world-famous Jelly Belly gourmet jelly bean company to create a shop which will excite your sweet tooth! Located at the top of the Gondola, the store has around 100 different scrumptious flavours of jelly beans, with an entire wall of Pick ‘n Mix beans to choose from.
Gondola open daily from 9.00 am » late
Luge open daily from 9.00 am » late
Lunch open daily from 11.00 am » 3.00 pm (last sitting 2.15 pm)
Dinner open daily from 5.00 pm » 10.00 pm (last sitting 9.00 pm)
Skyswing open daily from 9.30 am » 5.00 pm
Zoom Ziplines open daily from 10.00 am » 5.00 pm (Friday & Saturday 6.00 pm)
Wine Tasting open daily from 11.00 am » 5.30 pm
Fairy Springs Road, Rotorua, New Zealand.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 5-14 years, under 5 years are free
* Please enquire about family pricing, only available on selected items
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.