Real Journeys Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruises
Immerse yourself in Doubtful Sound’s breathtaking beauty, towering peaks and bush clad islands with a Doubtful Sound overnight cruise.
Located deep in the heart of a World Heritage Area, Doubtful Sound is an overwhelming place. You can feel the power of nature here – the remoteness, the wildness and the peace.
Known for its wilderness and wildlife, Doubtful Sound is the second largest of the 14 fiords in Fiordland National Park and it is three times longer and 10 times larger than Milford Sound.
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
- Following a cruise across island-studded Lake Manapouri and a coach trip on the sub-alpine route over Wilmot Pass you will board the Fiordland Navigator at Deep Cove
- There is plenty of time on your overnight cruise to soak up the stunning surrounds and to discover the hidden arms of Doubtful Sound – Hall, Crooked and First Arms
- Bottlenose dolphins are often encountered, fur seals bask on the rocks and, at times, rare penguins make an appearance
- We anchor at a chosen mooring for the night giving you the opportunity to kayak around the shoreline, go exploring in the tender craft with our nature guide or simply relax on deck
- A sumptuous three-course buffet is served in the evening showcasing some of the region’s finest produce
- The Fiordland Navigator is purpose built for cruising in the fiords and offers spacious viewing decks, a comfortable dining saloon/fully licensed bar and observation lounge
- You have the choice of private cabins with en suite bathrooms or shared bunk-style accommodation
- Wake up to a delicious cooked breakfast before sailing back to Deep Cove for your return to Manapouri
- 30 kayaks and 2 tender craft
- Capacity – sleeps 70 (18 private cabins with en suite bathrooms and 8 quad share bunk – style compartments)
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise departing Manapouri
- 1 September to 16 May: 12 noon/12.30 pm
Coach-Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise-Coach departing Te Anau
- 1 September to 16 May: 11 am/11.30 am
Coach-Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise-Coach departing Queenstown
- 1 September to 16 May: 8.30 am
*Note: September and May coach connections depart Monday, Wednesday and Friday only)
- Ex Manapouri 2 days/1 night returns approximately 12 pm
- Ex Te Anau Coach-Nature Cruise-Coach: 2 days/1 night depart 11/11.30 am and returns approximately 12.45 pm
- Ex Queenstown Coach-Nature Cruise-Coach: 2 days/1 night departs 8.30 am and returns 3.15/3.30 pm
- Check in 20 minutes prior to departure time
- Suitable for all ages with exception of infants in quad share
- What to bring: Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater – fleece jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent, camera, change of clothes, swim-wear (optional) and cash for bar and snacks. Overnight bag only.
Overnight Cruises depart from the Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Manapouri, otherwise if taking the coach option, pick-ups are available from most in-town accommodation.
Book a Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
You can book Doubtful Sound overnight cruises separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
These popular New Zealand holiday packages include the Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your Doubtful Sound activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 1-14 years, Infant (0-1 year) free if sleeping in a cot, only available in a twin room
* Rates based on Twin/Double share, quad and single occupancy available
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.