RealNZ Queenstown Rafting
Experience New Zealand’s white water river rafting at its best! RealNZ are the outdoor adventure activity and adrenaline specialists, offering numerous Queenstown rafting and adventure packages, for a truly exciting and memorable New Zealand vacation!
A licenced operator, RealNZ is recognised as a leader in the field of river safety and proactive risk management. Realnz actively contribute to the development of New Zealand rafting standards.
Guides are fully licenced and are carefully chosen based on their skills and experience, their ability to make sound decisions and their ability to communicate and identify with clients.
Realnz Queenstown Rafting Activity Options
Shotover River Grade 3-5
- Travel the short distance from town to the Rafting Base where rafting clothing including wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket and helmet will be issued
- Enjoy an unforgettable 4WD adventure into Skippers Canyon before embarking on your rafting adventure
- Upon arrival to Deep Creek, all rafters will receive a full safety briefing before meeting their river guide and paddling companions
- The upper section of the Shotover River gives rafters time to practice their paddle techniques before they hit the white water of the lower canyon
- Paddle numerous rapids such as After Shock, Jaws, Toilet and Sequel during the 1½ – 2 hrs of river time
- Raft the 170 m Oxenbridge Tunnel before the Cascade Rapid to complete your adventure
- Enjoy a hot shower at the rafting base then choose between heading back to town or sticking around to enjoy some delicious food and drink from Canyon Food & Brew
Shotover River Heli Rafting
- After meeting the coach driver, travel the short distance from town to Rafting Base where rafting clothing such as wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket and helmet will be issued. After a short briefing, travel to the heli-pad to board what will be an unforgettable helicopter ride into the rugged Skippers Canyon
- Upon arrival to Deep Creek, all rafters will receive a full safety briefing before meeting their river guide and paddling companions. The upper section of the Shotover River gives rafters time to practice their paddle techniques before you hit the white water of the lower canyon
- Paddle numerous rapids such as After Shock, Jaws, Toilet and Sequel during the 1 hour of rafting. Rafters are then plunged into darkness as they negotiate the 170 m long Oxenbridge Tunnel before bursting into Cascade Rapid to complete their adventure
- A short walk brings you back to the Rafting Base for hot showers and finish your day with a trip to their very own brewery and restaurant, Canyon Food & Brew
Kawarau River Jet to Raft Grade 2-3
- The Kawarau river is ideal for first time rafters or suited to those looking for a more relaxed rafting experience
- Start off the activity with a 30 minute jet boat trip
- There’s plenty of white water action, but also time to sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery
- Try the optional cliff jumping section for some added excitement, if you’re up for it
- Keep an eye on the other rafts though, as there’s a good chance of a water fight
- It’s the Kawarau River that starred as the River Anduin in Lord of the Rings. The grandeur of the canyons imparts a feeling of paddling through the heart of Middle Earth
- Enjoy the unforgettable 400m long Dog Leg rapid, New Zealand’s longest commercially rafted rapid
Other information on Queenstown Rafting with RealNZ
- Minimum age 13 years
- Minimum weight 40 kg (88lb)
- Under 18s – Guardian conditions apply
- Transfer from Queenstown downtown to rafting base
- Full wetsuit rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- Rafting on the Shotover or Kawarau River
- Hot showers
- Choose to head straight back to town or stay and enjoy some delicious food and drink from Canyon Food & Brew
- Shotover & Kawarau: 8.15 am and 1.15 pm
- Kawarua River winter only: 8.15 am & 1.00 pm
Queenstown Rafting Duration
- Allow half a day approximately 4.5 hours
What you need:
- Swimsuit and towel
- Money for snacks and photo
RealNZ Queenstown Rafting Shop, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown, New Zealand.
Book Realnz Queenstown Rafting
You can book white water rafting tour in Queenstown separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
Popular New Zealand holiday packages with a stay in Queenstown include:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your Queenstown activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Minimum age 13 years old
* Minimum weight 40 kgs (88 lbs), Under 18s - Guardian conditions apply
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.