New Zealand RiverJet Rotorua & Taupo
Only the NZ RiverJet Thermal Safari incorporates a fantastic geothermal wonderland and a thrilling jet boating experience.
Enjoy RiverJet & Float Plane Combos, Full Day Tours or The Squeeze!
- The scenic blast offers a 35 minute, 36 km return trip down the mighty Waikato River
- Enjoy a slice of New Zealand scenery only a select few have seen!
- Set off with a scenic jet boat ride in a sleek black boat on the magnificent Waikato River, New Zealand’s longest river.
- See birds, pine forest, farmland, native bush, the 50 metre high Tutukau Gorge, steaming volcanic river banks, trout feeding areas and hears stories about the region from you driver.
RiverJet Thermal Safari
How it works! The journey is in three steps:
- Enjoy wildlife, scenery & historical stories on the mighty Waikato River, travelling at a leisurely pace
- Free entry into Orakei Korako Thermal Reserve to view this magnificent act of nature
- On the return journey experience the iconic ability of the famous Hamilton Jet
*Note: the Ultimate RiverJet Thermal Safari includes Return Transport from your accommodation in Rotorua or Taupo. This isn’t just your average pickup. The friendly tour guides will turn this into an experience, educating you about key points along the way and interesting stories about New Zealand.
RiverJet and Float Plane Thrill Ride
- Scenic Float Plane rides, Orakei Korako Thermal Valley and New Zealand RiverJet!
- Float plane pick up from Rotorua or Taupo lakefronts, fly to Orakei Korako Thermal Valley and see mud pools, hot pools, silica terraces and the amazing Aladdin’s Cave!
- Enjoy the thrilling trip on the RiverJet down the Waikato River & return by Float Plane
- Scenic drive through lush farmland to the coloured slopes of Rainbow Mountain
- Mud Pools – short bushwalk to Crater Lake to view an explosive crater against a backdrop of bare brown, orange and red steaming cliffs and boiling mud pools
- RiverJet Thermal Safari – wildlife, scenery, historical stories plus speed, spins & thrills
- Orakei Korako – walk around this magnificent thermal reserve, see boiling pools of mud and water, geysers, silica terraces and a pre European Maori battle site
- Rotorua Sites: Government Gardens created in the 1890s, The Redwoods & Kuirau Park
- The adventure begins with a scenic jet boat ride through the Tutukau Gorge
- Disembark the boat in knee deep warm water and head towards a narrow gap in the cliff face and start the challenge of The Squeeze
- After maneuvering your way through narrow crevasses, climbing boulders, and wading through warm waist deep water, you emerge in stunning native New Zealand bush
- Soak up the atmosphere while relaxing in the thermal waters of a naturally heated pool
- While ‘squeezing’ your way back to the boat, prepare yourself for the action ride ahead
- Scenic Blast departs 10.00 am daily
- All other trips depart 11.00 am and 2.00 pm daily
- Other trips to be arranged
- Scenic Blast Allow 35 mins
- Scenic Safaris & RiverJet Thermal Safari Allow 3 Hours
- RiverJet, Ultimate Heli Jet Adventure, Float Plane Thrill Ride and also The Squeeze allow half a day
- RiverJet reserves the right to cancel/amend any trip due to weather, river or road conditions
- Bring: camera, summer – sunglasses & sunscreen, winter – warm clothing is essential
- RiverJet provides gloves and full length spray jackets for those who need them
- The Squeeze maximum number of passengers is 8
The RiverJet base is located on Highway 5 between Taupo and Rotorua. Situated 44 kms from Rotorua and 34 kms from Taupo right on the Highway. It’s easy to find.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 5-14 years, suitable for children aged 3 years old and over
* Please enquire about family pricing, only available on selected items
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.