Fiordland Jet have been operating on Lake Te Anau and the Waiau River for 15 years.
Tours can take you along the Waiau River, to Lake Manapouri, and can include native bush walks, wildlife spotting, and Lord of the Rings locations.
Some tours include spectacular flights onto mountain peaks, where you can see surrounding remote national park and marine reserves from the sky.
Fiordland Jet Activity Options
- Enjoy the thrill of jet boating down the majestic trout filled Waiau River to the serene Lake Manapouri. Step foot into Fiordland National Park and learn all about this unique location.
- A picturesque spot, the Waiau River is lined by ancient beech tree forest and is the Anduin River; the great river of Middle Earth featured in the opening scene from The Lord of the Rings! Get the inside-story on The Lord of the Rings filming locations.
- From thrill and excitement, to peace and tranquil, this trip is a fun and informative journey through this magnificent area.
- Allow two hours.
Beach to Bay
- A fast and thrilling jet boat ride across Lake Te Anau towards Dock Bay for an up-close peek into Fiordland National Park. Lots of spins, spray and laughter!
- Speed across picturesque Lake Te Anau – the largest of the southern glacial lakes, surrounded by majestic mountains and ancient forests – it’s a seriously magical place.
- Marvel at the Murchison Mountains, which rise a staggering 1,400 metres above the lake surface as you skim across the pristine waters towards Dock Bay. Look across at the ancient beech forests that surround Lake Te Anau, unchanged for 80 million years.
- Your guide will fill you in on some fascinating New Zealand history. Get a taste of the past as you learn about early European pioneers, and get a great introduction to one New Zealand’s pristine native forests, and world-famous walking tracks.
- Allow 30 minutes.
Twin Lakes Heli Jet
- Soar across the shore of Lake Te Anau to Jackson Peaks and marvel at the unforgettable panoramic views across Fiordland National Park.
- Experience an unparalleled experience as you helicopter across the shore of Lake Te Anau up to Jackson Peaks, elevated at 1622 metres above sea level, where you will land to view the stunning scenery of Fiordland National Park.
- Allow two hours.
Build Your Own Experience!
- Create your own adventure with jet boat/mountain bike combos, kayak/jet boat combos, or a wilderness picnic. Enquire for more details.
Other Information on Fiordland Jet
- Fiordland Jet provides life jacket, spray coat, secure area for baggage, and a warm hat if required.
- Please dress warm in winter and bring sunglasses all year round, if possible.
Lake Te Anau, New Zealand.
Book a Jet Boat Tour with Fiordland Jet
You can book the Fiordland Jet separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
Popular New Zealand holiday packages with a stay in Te Anau include:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your Te Anau activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 5-15 years, under 5 years are free
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you within 24 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.