Interislander ferry – where the journey becomes a destination!
The Interislander ferry travels between the North and South Islands of New Zealand and is one of the most beautiful ferry rides in the world.
With 92 km of breathtaking views, the three-hour journey between Wellington and Picton really is one of New Zealand’s most iconic tourism activities.
Interislander operates three ships, the Kaitaki, Kaiarahi and Aratere, for you and your vehicle (depending on the rental car company).
Interislander has up to 11 sailings a day, so you’ll always have a wide choice of travel times.
Once you’re on your Interislander ferry journey, you can take a stroll on the decks, enjoy a meal, a drink or even catch the latest movie release. Or you could just choose to relax & take in the stunning view.
In Wellington you will depart or arrive in the harbour to a view of this compact capital city right on the waterfront. At the other end of the journey near Picton you will cruise through the Tory Channel in the Marlborough Sounds. This narrow Sound is surrounded by hills covered in bush and vineyards.
Up to eleven passenger departures per day
3 hour 10 mins – 3.5 hours
Wellington Ferry Terminal and Picton Ferry Terminal.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Child 2 - 17 years old. Infant FOC under 2 years
* Senior: 60 years +. Student: terry student.
* Valid ID or proof of age required at check-in
* NZ Travel Organiser retains a competitive fare structure
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.
© 2020 NZ Travel Organiser
Website by Webstudio