Heliworks Queenstown Helicopters
Heliworks Queenstown offer spectacular scenic flights through the Wakatipu and Fiordland areas.
With exclusive landing rights at a number of locations, join Heliworks on the trip of a lifetime! All flights are designed to provide the best experience for the customer, rather than direct flights Heliworks really show you around this stunning region, going further afield and for longer!
Heliworks take pride in delivering a quality product, safe procedures and personalised services, tailored to your specific requirements and exceeding your expectations.
Heliworks Queenstown Activity Options
Remarkables Scenic (20 minutes)
- Watch the jetboats race up the Shotover and Kawarau Rivers as you fly past and then up the face of the Remarkables Mountain Range to land on top for a photo opportunity of the beautiful Wakatipu Basin.
- You then fly down and past the Queenstown township on your return.
Queenstown Essential (45 minutes)
- Depart Heliworks Hangar for your flight to some of the Queenstown areas most spectacular sights! Lift off across Lake Wakatipu to Cecil Peak and enjoy a landing with spectacular views of Queenstown and the Wakatipu, your helicopter will shut down here so you can enjoy this spectacular vista uninterrupted.
- Continue your flight past Queenstown itself and over Ben Lomond into Moonlight Creek and the famous Skippers Canyon. This area is steeped in the rich history of mining; see the renowned Shotover River winding beneath you through the steep canyon walls as your pilot points out some of the sites and settlements remaining from the gold rush.
- Return by flying past Coronet Peak, with views of the skifield and the Wakatipu basin.
Cecil Peak Paradise Picnic (Approx. 2 hours)
- Let Heliworks fly you to an ultimate location in paradise, where you get to relax, unwind and have time to take in all the beauty that only the Southern Lakes region can offer.
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic put together with all the finest New Zealand produce including Wine or Bubbles.
- This excursion is perfect for proposals, honeymooners, anniversaries or just taking time out in an unforgettable location.
Grand Glacier (1 hour)
- You will see the hidden beauty of the headwaters of Queenstown’s Lake Wakatipu and the golden history of mining on this one-hour experience.
- The tour then follows the meandering waters and forested valleys to two not-often visited glaciers, the exclusive and stunning Earnslaw Burn and the Jura Glacier. Both offer breathtaking photo opportunities of blue ice and cascading waterfalls.
- From the Jura Glacier, you look out to Mount Aspiring and the highest peak in Fiordland, Mount Tutoko.
Earnslaw Exclusive (1 1⁄4 hours)
- Take this flight to two exclusive landing sites – The Earnslaw Burn and Mount Nicholas. Fly over the Richardson Mountains to the Earnslaw Burn.
- With its blue ice and cascading waterfalls this is a location not to be missed. Your flight will then continue across the Humboldt Mountains towards Greenstone, following the Mararoa River before landing at Mount Nicholas.
- Enjoy the spectacular vista across Lake Wakatipu before returning along the lake to Queenstown.
Other Information on Heliworks Queenstown
- Heliworks also offer a range of heli biking, heli skiing, heli fishing, heli hunting and heli hiking options – please enquire for more information
- Largest and newest fleet of helicopters in the Queenstown area
- Exclusive landing areas such as Earnslaw Burn, Mt Alfred and Mt Nicholas Station
- Highly experienced pilots (between 3,000 and 20,000 flying hours)
- We focus on meeting the needs of our clients and use the best machinery and pilots
- Heliworks is New Zealand’s premier aerial filming company with credits such as Lord of the Rings, Narnia, King Kong and many more
Heliworks Queenstown Helicopters are located at the Queenstown International Airport, New Zealand. Follow the signs to the Airport. Then follow the sign to the Shopping Centre. Heliworks is located at the end of Smith Tex Lane (opposite New World Supermarket).
Book Heliworks Queenstown
You can book scenic flights in Queenstown separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
These popular holiday packages include Queenstown helicopter tours:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your Queenstown activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Minimum 2 people for all flights
* Child (4-12 yrs) price 70% of the adult price
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.