Hanmer Springs Helicopters
The beautiful Hanmer basin has everything you would like to see in New Zealand. The majestic Southern Alps, forest parks, breath-taking scenery and New Zealand wildlife – all made available with Hanmer Springs Helicopters.
Hanmer Springs Helicopters is renowned for exciting helicopter tours catering for all types of needs, from a short scenic flight to an extensive and thorough tour. You’ll get to see what others don’t!
Tour 1: Hanmer Springs Forest Park & Mountain Ranges Tour
- This is a 25-30 minute scenic helicopter tour of the Hanmer Springs region, taking in the magnificent forest park and impressive Clarence Valley.
- It includes a five minute mountain range landing for a photo opportunity (in snow if available). This landing is subject to weather conditions. You will not be disappointed!
Tour 2: Historic Stations & Alpine Ranges Tour
- 40 – 50 minute scenic flight with views of historic Molesworth and St James Stations, two of New Zealand’s largest high country stations.
- Spectacular views of the Upper Clarence and Waiau Valley systems, the Fairie Queen & the South Island’s Southern Alp ranges, Lakes Guyon & Tennyson & pristine native forest & tussock lands.
- The area is full of interesting wild-life. It grazes cattle and horses. Game species include red deer, chamois, wild pigs, Canadian geese, chukka and ducks.
- The tour includes a ten minute landing on a mountain ridge on St James Station to admire the view and for a photo opportunity.
- Hanmer Springs Helicopters provide a transfer service to these locations:
- Kaikoura (whale watching)
- Waipara wineries
- The West Coast
* Transfers are done on a fixed cost basis for a maximum of 6 passengers per transfer.
- Make up your own package!
- Send us your own itinerary, or we can help you work out an exciting itinerary
* All Custom Tours are done on a quoted fixed cost basis for a maximum number of passengers per transfer of either 4 adults, or 2 adults plus 3 children.
- Weather: Flights or routes may vary due to weather and are at the pilot’s discretion
- Flight duration times: Duration times are approximate and include landings
- Passenger numbers: Tours are subject to minimum of 2 adults, or 1 adult & 2 children
- Courtesy transfers: Courtesy transfers are available to and from Hanmer Springs
- What to bring: Sunglasses, sturdy footwear, camera, binoculars and a sense of adventure!
State Highway 7A Hanmer Springs, New Zealand.