HeliServices.NZ | Glacier Helicopters Franz Josef, Fox, Haast
Experience the true untouched beauty and awe inspiring scenery of NZ’s South Island with an exciting scenic helicopter flight and snow landing on the majestic Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Heliservices.NZ Glacier Helicopters Franz Josef & Fox offer incredible flightseeing tours and glacier experiences.
HeliServices.NZ are based in both Fox and Franz Josef and are proud to be the only 100% locally owned and operated helicopter company licensed to land at all designated landing sites within the Westland National Park.
Glacier Helicopters Franz Josef & Fox Activity Options
Flight One: Fox or Franz Josef Glacier
- Sweep above Westland National Park as you explore the Fox or Franz Josef Glacier to 6000 feet before landing in the snow to enjoy exceptional views of the Southern Alps
- Flight: Allow 20 minutes
Flight Two: Fox Glacier & Mount Cook
- Only available from the Fox Glacier Flight Centre, explore the majestic Fox Glacier before flying by the sheer west faces of Mount Cook and Mount Tasman
- A snow landing provides opportunities to photograph the magnificent scenery
- Flight: Allow 30 minutes
Flight Three: Twin Glacier
- Discover the scenic wonders of both the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers
- Take advantage of the terrific photo opportunities of Mount Cook and Mount Tasman while landed on the snow
- Flight: Allow 30 minutes
Flight Four: Grand Tour
- This is the ‘grand-daddy’ of all flights and highly recommended!
- Explore Fox and Franz Josef Glacier as well as taking in Mount Cook
- A landing on the snow for some magnificent photo opportunities tops off the flight
- As a bonus, weather permitting, cross the main divide to view the Tasman Glacier
- Flight: Allow 40 minutes
Flight Five: Twin Glacier and Mount Cook
- Take in both the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers and the sheer West faces of Mount Cook and Mount Tasman in this fabulous flight!
- Flight: Allow 25 minutes
Charter Helicopter Flights
- Charters are available upon request along with transportation for hunters, fishermen, photographers, film crews, trampers and other private charters. Request a Quotation.
Other Information on Glacier Helicopters Franz Josef & Fox
- Standard flights (excluding Flight Five) include a snow landing, subject to weather conditions
- Flight durations are an approximate only and may change at any time subject to weather conditions and at pilot’s discretion
Essential Wear for Snow Landings
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or your hiking boots
- Plenty of film (or memory) for your camera
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow
- Temperatures can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village
Check In Time
Please check in 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for processing and aircraft allocation.
Franz Josef: Alpine Adventure Centre, State Highway 6, Franz Josef.
Fox Glacier: Fox Glacier Guides Building, State Highway 6, Fox Glacier.
Book Glacier Helicopters Franz Josef & Fox
You can book Franz Josef and Fox Glacier heli flights separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
These popular New Zealand holiday packages include a Franz Josef or Fox Glacier helicopter tour:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your West Coast activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 3-12 years, children 3 years and younger fly at 50% of the Adult fare
* Prices based on a minimum of 2 adult fares per flight applies
* Charters P.O.A
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.