Air Safaris Mount Cook Flightseeing
Experience spectacular Scenic Flights around Lake Tekapo, New Zealand with Air Safaris Mount Cook.
Mt Cook scenic flights will take you on an unforgettable flightseeing tour of the spectacular Mount Cook and Westland World Heritage Parks.
Explore the alpine wonderland of New Zealand’s highest mountains and view mighty alpine glaciers and lush coastal rain forests.
Air Safaris Mount Cook Activity Options
Grand Traverse of Mount Cook & Glaciers
Experience the premier scenic flight, the Grand Traverse of Mount Cook and Westland National Parks, with over 200 kilometres of NZ’s most spectacular alpine scenery, highlights include:
- Turquoise glacial lakes, golden tussock lands & braided rivers of the Mackenzie Basin
- Remote High Country Sheep Stations, glacial valleys and land-forms
- The Aoraki Mount Cook National Park – a magical world of permanent ice and snow
- NZ’s highest mountains and largest glaciers; including Mount Cook and Tasman Glacier
- The Westland National Park encompassing the magnificent Franz Josef & Fox Glaciers
- Every passenger has a window seat, all aircraft have wings-above to for optimum viewing
- Informative commentary with multi language commentary brochures supplied
- Hourly departures from Air Safaris’ bases at Lake Tekapo and Franz Josef; also from Glentanner Park Mount Cook with inter airport options available for tour groups.
- Approximately 50 minutes flight time, allow for 1 hour total duration.
Other Flight Options with Air Safaris Mount Cook
- Air Safaris operate flights on demand to Milford Sound from Lake Tekapo & Franz Josef
- Scenic flights follow the Southern Alps to Milford Sound via the Mount Aspiring National Park and often return via the rugged West Coast of the South Island
- Option to include a tour of the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks
- Flights generally stop over in Milford for 30 minutes, enough time to take in stunning views of the fiord and towering mountains from ground level
- Time to stop at Milford Sound for a boat cruise can be arranged if time and weather permit, please note you would need to allow 1/2 day for this trip
- Air Safaris operates charter services throughout the South & North Islands on request
- Specialising in charter flights between – Christchurch, Mt Cook, Queenstown & Milford
- Transfers between Franz Josef and Lake Tekapo or Mount Cook are popular options, this means a 6+ hour trip by road can be accomplished in less than 30 minutes by air
Other Information on Air Safaris Mount Cook
- The names Air Safaris and the Grand Traverse of Mount Cook and Glaciers are well known and respected in New Zealand tourism
- Air Safaris have been flying in the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks since 1970
- Air Safaris is currently one of New Zealand’s largest scenic flight airlines
- Safety has always been Air Safaris’ number one priority and have been awarded “The Director of Civil Aviation’s Award” for Safety
Air Safaris offers scenic flightseeing tours, operating from 3 convenient locations surrounding Mount Cook: Lake Tekapo, Glentanner Park Mt Cook and Franz Josef Glacier.
Book Mount Cook Scenic Flights with Air Safaris Mount Cook
You can book Mt Cook scenic flights separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
These popular New Zealand holiday packages include a Mt Cook flightseeing tour:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your Lake Tekapo activities.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Children: 3-13 years inclusive
* Prices based on a minimum of 4 people if there are 2 people you would need to pay 4 fares
* Charters P.O.A
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.