Photos Courtesy Treble Cone Ski Area, Wanaka
Treble Cone Ski Area Wanaka
Ski Treble Cone, Wanaka in 2018, 28 June – 23 September 2018!
Treble Cone is a fun mountain for enthusiasts. Large, long and challenging with Lake Wanaka and the Southern Alps providing a stunning backdrop.
A personalised experience, great for families and with a sheltered and sunny learners slope for people learning to ski.
Daily Lift Passes for 2018
|Adult Lift Pass
|Child Lift Pass (6-17 years)
Adult Platter Lift Pass Per Day $40
Child Platter Lift Pass Per Day $30
- Lift passes are non transferable and can be used ANYDAY during the 2018 snow season and must be purchased in a single transaction.
- Child Under 6 and Super Senior pass 75 are free but there is a $20 processing fee.
Learn to Ski & Snowboard at Treble Cone
With small lesson sizes, uncrowded beginner slopes. There is no better place to learn how to Ski or Snowboard!
There are two options depending on whether this is your first time or your second day:
First Timer Package
- This is ideal if it’s your first time on the snow, enjoy a small group lesson with Treble Cone’s world class ski instructors.
- This package includes a 2 hour group lesson (10.30 am or 1.30 pm), Learners Lift Pass, Ski/Board Rental Package & Scenic Chairlift Ride.
- This is ideal if it’s your second day on the snow, enjoy a small group lesson with Treble Cone’s world class ski instructors.
- This package includes a 2 hr group lesson (10.30 am or 1.30 pm), Learners Lift Pass and Home Basin Express Lift Pass all day access, & Ski/Board Rental Package
Learn to Ski Package
- Day 1: Learner Lift Package
- Day 2: Progression Package
- Day 3: Progression Package
Lesson Packages for 2018
|First Timer Package
|Learn to Ski Package
*Learners Lift Package includes Home Basin lift access (green runs only) during the Group Lesson.
First Timer lessons capped at 5 kids or 8 adults. All other lessons capped at 8 guests per instructor
Private Coaching Ski & Snowboard
Private Lessons are for people who prefer their own personal trainer for a coaching session from Treble Cone’s internationally recognised Snowsports School.
| Private Lessons
|1 Hour Private
|2 Hour Private
|5 Hour Private
* Private lessons include a maximum of 2 people.
*Additional participant incurs a fee of NZ$ 70 p/p (up to a max group size of 5).
Kids Ski and Snowboard Group Lessons
This full day ski and snowboard lesson programmme for children is all about having fun while learning in a safe environment.
Designed for first timers right through to advanced skiers and snowboarders, groups are sorted by age and ability to guarantee maximum learning potential which is supported by Treble Cone’s Snow Sports School Guarantee.
The child care centre is ideal for those children who may tire of skiing part way through the day or just want to relax and play. Minimum age is 3; however children under 3 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
| Kids Group Lessons
|Full Day Group Lesson – includes lunch
|Half Day Group Lesson
|* These products do not include equipment rental or lift passes.
* Full day lesson includes supervised lunch, lessons start at 10.20am and 1.20pm, early drop off available in the morning.
Treble Cone Slopeside – Cafe and Bar Facilities
The award-winning café at Treble Cone is renowned for great food, views & the large sheltered courtyard.
Treble Cone is passionate about serving quality fresh produce and fine espresso coffee, available 7 days from 8am.
Taste their delicious cakes and slices, muffins hot from the oven, freshly made sushi, salads, sandwich wraps, gourmet burgers and hot mountain meals – like lamb shank pie, stir fried vegetables and the creamiest potato mash. There’s no need to pack your lunch!
Treble Cone Facts, Terrain & Lift Information
- Operating hours: 9 am – 4 pm
- Ski Area boundary: 550 ha (1359 acres)
- Snowmaking: 50 ha (123 acres),
- 10% beginner
- 45% intermediate
- 45% advanced
- Summit elevation: 2088 m (6850 ft)
- Base elevation: 1260 m (4110 ft)
- Highest lift access: 1960 m (6430 ft)
- Lift serviced vertical drop: 705 m (2312 ft)
- 6 Seater express chairlift
- Saddle quad chairlift
- Nice & Easy Platter
- Magic Carpet
- Total lift capacity: 4500 people/hour Longest run: 4 km (Top of Quad chair to carpark)
Located 35 minutes from Wanaka and 90 minutes drive from Queenstown.