Fill in this quick form to receive your FREE personal holiday quote from us...
Discover the heart of New Zealand by train with KiwiRail.
KiwiRail Scenic Journeys offer some of the most spectacular scenery in New Zealand. With three train services that span the country, each with its own unique identity, there is no better way to experience the best New Zealand has to offer. These include the famous TranzAlpine Train, which cuts through the heart of the Southern Alps.
All services feature state of the art carriages as good as any of the scenic railways in the world. Automated GPS triggered commentary is available at seating, making sure no highlights are missed.
Each train also features a licenced café car and open air viewing carriage which is the ideal spot for photographing passing scenery.
Travel through the heart of New Zealand and experience the North Island’s extraordinary range of scenery in one journey.
Departs Auckland Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 7.45 am and arrives in Wellington at 6.25 pm.
Departs Wellington Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 7.55 am and arrives in Auckland 6.50 pm.
* Service excludes Wednesdays and Christmas Day.
Discover the wild spirit of the coast!
Departs Christchurch 7 am, arrives Picton 12.13 pm. Departs Picton 1 pm, arrives Christchurch 6.21 pm.
* Coastal Pacific is a summer season train, only operating daily between October and April each year excluding Christmas Day.
Rated one of the world’s great scenic railway journeys! Meeting the challenge of the mountains!
Departs Christchurch 8.15 am, arrives Greymouth 12.45 pm. Departs Greymouth 1.45 pm, arrives Christchurch 6.05 pm.
* The TranzAlpine operates daily excluding Christmas Day.
The train may depart intermediate stations earlier if all booked passengers are onboard. Passengers are advised to be at all stations at least 20 minutes before the time shown. This timetable is subject to change.
Auckland Station: Britomart, 12 Queen Street
Wellington Station: Bunny Street
Picton Station: Auckland Street
Christchurch Station: Troup Drive off Clarence Street
Greymouth Station: Mackay Street
You can book a KiwiRail train journey separately or as part of one of our New Zealand holiday packages. We bundle activities, accommodation, and transportation together for convenient, affordable New Zealand holidays.
The TranzAlpine Train is included in many of our South Island holiday packages. These are our most popular South Island holiday packages including the TranzAlpine Train:
Contact New Zealand Travel Organiser today to plan your New Zealand train journey.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Prices are based on a one way fare structure
* Children: 2-14 years, under 2 years are free
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.
© 2021 NZ Travel Organiser
Website by Webstudio