Salt Air Heli Flights Paihia Bay of Islands
Salt Air Heli Flights Paihia Bay of Islands
Salt Air is a New Zealand Air Service Operator offering spectacular aero plane or helicopter scenic flights around New Zealand’s maritime playground the Bay of Islands as well as offering scheduled air services between Kerikeri, Whangarei and Auckland.
Hole in the Rock
- A 20 minute scenic flight over the beautiful Bay of Islands. Fly over the crystal clear turquoise waters of the main island group, to the world famous “Hole in the Rock”.
- The return portion of the flight flys directly over the main islands of the area with birds eye views of their white sandy beaches, inviting turquoise waters and some of the luxurious private residences.
- Coming into land you will fly past the Waitangi Treaty grounds and Paihia township.
- A 30 minute scenic flight to explore the unique and stunning coastline surrounding the Bay of Island regions.
- An extended version of the Hole in the Rock flight adding in more of the remote coast line on the eastern side of Cape Brett Peninsula.
- On the return extra views towards the Kerikeri inlet, over the Black Rocks, Waitangi and Paihia.
Kingfish Lodge Tour
- 2.5 hour scenic flight of the outer Bay of Islands, the coastal regions as experienced on the Coastal Discovery flight, as far North as the sleepy fishing village of Mangonui. We explore the majestic Whangaroa Harbour by air, before enjoying lunch at the secluded Kingfish Lodge.
- On the return leg fly inland over beautiful native forest and farmland.
Waipoua Forest Tour
- Fly by helicopter across the mid north rural area to the stunning Hokianga Harbour. Your Footprints guide will meet you and take you on a guided walk to the largest Kauri Forest in the world to view Tane Mahuta, “God of the Forest”.
- Enjoy knowledge, stories, song and music. On returning to Copthorne Resort Omapere, you will be served lunch overlooking the Hokianga Harbour, before rejoining your helicopter for a return scenic flight to the Bay of Islands. Duration: 4 ½ hours and includes lunch.
- Salt Air can arrange an exhilarating experience for you limited only by your budget and imagination. Allow us to design a rock fishing trip to remember guided or unguided.
Chartered and Tailor Made Flights
- Chartered flights are available on request to any destination New Zealand wide. Or create your own flight, e.g. Auckland – Rotorua – Taupo, heli to wine & dine at various locations, heli to Kauri Cliffs Golf Course, or create an aerial photography heli expedition.
Exclusive Helicopter Tours
- Depart from Paihia or from the helicopter landing areas available at Northland’s luxury lodges. Fly for 40 minutes via Northland’s spectacular harbours and beautiful beaches.
- Make a stop if you wish at Ninety-Mile Beach before landing at Waitiki 20km from Cape Reinga.An exclusive vehicle will meet your helicopter to begin the ground tour.
- For approximately four hours, travel around the top of New Zealand. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch, visit the Cape Reinga Lighthouse, Tapotupotu Bay, then across to the Te Paki stream with its giant sand dunes (the opportunity to enjoy some exhilarating sand tobogganing is also available).
- Fly back to your departure point over the most spectacular coastal scenery including Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, which are only visible by air or by sea. Stop at secluded private beaches for a stroll or swim, if you desire. On return your flight crosses the Houhora Harbour, the Cavalli islands and Kauri Cliff’s Golf Course.
Other options which can be included in the exclusive helicopter tours:
Tane Mahuta in conjunction with Footprints Waipoua Tour
- Footprints is operated by local Maori on Northland’s rugged West Coast. Let Kupe’s (New Zealand’s first discoverer) descendants take you on a guided walk of the largest kauri forest in the world and introduce you to their relationship with mother nature, both spiritually and culturally. Your Maori guide will share knowledge, stories, song and musical instruments to enhance this spiritual location. Forest tour duration approx 2 hours.
4WD Quad Bikes on Ninety-Mile Beach
- A guided tour of approximately 1.5 hours on 4WD Quad Bikes around Shipwreck Bay and the reefs at the southern end of 90-Mile Beach. This tour requires the passengers to ride their own 4WD Quad Bikes – great fun for all ages.
- All helicopter flights operate with a minimum of 2 passengers
- All helicopter flights operate subject to weather
Departures from Salt Air’s Paihia Heli pad on the waterfront, adjacent to the Paihia Wharf, unless otherwise arranged.