Real Journeys Milford Track Guided Day Walk
Even if you are short on time, you can experience a taste of the world famous Milford Track – regarded as the ‘finest walk in the world.’
Join the guided day walk and experience some of the highlights. Enjoy a leisurely walk through ancient beech forest and grassy flats and take the time to soak up the magnificent surrounds.
Milford Track Guided Day Walk
- Experience the first section of the world famous Milford Track as a one day adventure suitable for walkers of most ages and fitness levels
- Cruise to the head of beautiful Lake Te Anau and the start of the track
- Walk alongside the emerald waters of the Clinton River, then cross a swing bridge and stroll through ancient beech forest to the Clinton Hikers Hut
- Lunch and hot drinks are enjoyed beside a mountain stream or at the Hut
- Your experienced nature guide will discuss interesting human history and point out natural features of the track along the way
- There is plenty of time for you to relax, take photos and view the native bird and plant life
- Walking is easy and relaxed and there are no big climbs!
- Group size limited to 12 per guide
- Delicious picnic lunch and hot drinks
- 4-5 hours of leisurely walking
- Easy walking track (11 kms return)
- Milford Track Guided Day Walk: 8.5 hours
- Coach – Milford Track Guided Day Walk – Coach ex Queenstown: 13 hours
- Milford Track Guided Day Walk: November to mid April 9.30 am daily
- Depart either Te Anau or Queenstown by coach/boat
- Coach – Milford Track Guided Day Walk – Coach ex Queenstown: November to mid April 6.55 am daily
- Suitable for children 10 years and over
- Check in 20 minutes prior to departure
- One or two way coach transfers available ex Te Anau and Queenstown– please enquire
What to bring:
- Day pack, drink/snacks, walking shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, sun hat, insect repellent and camera.
Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Lakefront Te Anau, New Zealand.