Go Orange Milford Sound Kayaking
Fiordland – a sea kayaker’s wilderness! Sea kayaking is the natural way to experience the essential spirit of this stunning, primeval, intense wilderness. See Milford Sound from a different perspective with a Milford Sound kayaking trip.
We want to enhance your understanding of adventure and wilderness and to share with you how it can kindle your spirit and whisper to your soul and we want you to have as much fun as we do.
Kayak Milford Sound
- On arrival at the Milford Sound launch area, a complete set of paddling gear is issued including thermals, fleece, paddle jacket as well as a water proof gear bag and camera bag. After a comprehensive safety briefing and paddling instruction, travellers’ kayak from Deep Water Basin to the inner part of Milford Sound
- Spend 4-5 hours in the sea kayaks exploring the sheer beauty of the fiord in a non-intrusive manner. You’ll discover the pristine glacial water flowing from Bowen Falls, paddle beneath towering cliffs clothed in primeval rainforest, view classic Mitre Peak and enjoy the presence of the Pembroke Glacier Wilderness Zone
- There’s time out for a hot drink and if weather conditions are favourable a brief lunch stop is made at a beach before returning to Deep Water Basin
*Departs October to April inclusive. Departs at 9.30 am 01 – 31 October, returning at 3.00 pm to Milford Sound. Departs at 8.30 am 01 November – 30 April, returning at 3.00 pm to Milford Sound.
Kayak & Cruise Milford Sound
- At the launch area in Deep Water Basin, a complete set of paddling gear is issued including thermals, fleece, paddle jacket as well as a water proof camera bag. After a comprehensive safety briefing and paddling instruction, travellers kayak from Deep Water Basin to the inner part of Milford Sound
- With an experienced guide and small group of kayakers, you’ll explore the spectacular Bowen Falls. Getting up close to Sinbad Gully, the valley of New Zealand’smost photographed mountain of Mitre Peak, you’ll learn about the Sinbad Sanctuary Project and the special native wildlife that make this area their home
- Paddle along the shoreline to view the rainforest in beautiful detail. 2-2.5 hours of kayaking is involved in this relaxing morning paddle. Then join a boat cruise out to the Tasman Sea and return
*Departs November to April inclusive. Departs at 8.00 am, returning at 2.30 pm to Milford Sound.
- Upon booking, you will receive a detailed personal equipment list to assist you with your preparations. Please make sure that you receive that list with our reply to you confirming your booking.
- When you make your booking you will also be asked to provide your weight and height (for gear sizing).
- Please note there is a minimum age of 16 years old for these trips
- A Picnic Lunch is available, or travellers may bring their own. Hot drinks and energy snacks will be carried by the guide, and a wilderness tea break is available as required. The lunch includes two sandwiches, a piece of fruit, crackers and cheese, biscuit and water. The Picnic Lunch is at an additional cost and must be pre-ordered.
* Note: Weather conditions and wildlife encounters determine the actual kayak route.
Milford Sound Visitor Terminal.
* All pricing is in New Zealand Dollars
* Pricing ex Milford Sound
* Minimum age 14 & 16 years old apply
* Select item(s) above and submit with your other New Zealand accommodation, activity and transport needs. A travel consultant will contact you in less than 12 hours with availability and best available price. Upon your approval and payment you will then receive confirmation.