Experience New Zealand’s white water river rafting at its best! Queenstown Rafting are the outdoor adventure activity and adrenaline specialists, offering numerous rafting and adventure packages, for a truly exciting and memorable New Zealand vacation!
A licenced operator, Queenstown Rafting is recognised as a leader in the field of river safety and proactive risk management. Queenstown Rafting actively contribute to the development of New Zealand rafting standards.
Guides are fully licenced and are carefully chosen on the basis of their skills and experience, their ability to make sound decisions and their ability to communicate and identify with clients.
Shotover River Grade 3-5
- Begin with an unforgettable coach trip into Skippers Canyon
- Meet your guide before your rafting journey through the spectacular Skippers Canyon
- Rafting from Deep Creek over peaceful waters, you’ll head toward the exhilarating rapids of the lower Canyon
- The adrenaline pumps as you paddle Rock Garden, Sharks Fin, Toilet, Pinball and Jaws
- Raft the 170 m Oxenbridge Tunnel before the Cascade Rapid to complete your adventure
- Before returning to Queenstown, enjoy a sauna, hot shower and snack at Cavell’s Rafting Lodge
Kawarau River Grade 2-3
- The Kawarau river is ideal for first time rafters or suited to those looking for a more relaxed rafting experience
- There’s plenty of white water action, but also time to sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery
- Keep an eye on the other rafts though, as there’s a good chance of a water fight
- It’s the Kawarau River that starred as the River Anduin in Lord of the Rings. The grandeur of the canyons imparts a feeling of paddling through the heart of Middle Earth
- Enjoy the unforgettable 400m long Dog Leg rapid, New Zealand’s longest commercially rafted rapid
- Transfer from Queenstown downtown to rafting base
- Full wetsuit rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- Rafting on the Shotover or Kawarau River
- Hot showers and sauna
- Complimentary snack and refreshment
- Shotover & Kawarau: 8.15 am and 1.15 pm
- Kawarua River winter only: 8.15 am & 1.00 pm
- Allow half a day approximately 4.5 hours
- Minimum age 13 years
- Minimum weight 40 kg (88lb)
- Under 18s – Guardian conditions apply
What you need:
- Swimsuit and towel
- Money for snacks and photo
Queenstown Rafting Shop, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown, New Zealand.