Discover the Bay | Explore NZ
Discover the Bay Cruise | Bay of Islands
Discover the Bay of Islands and the Hole in the Rock on a premium cruise and experience the very best of the Bay of Islands. With a Nature Guide on board, discover new facts and stories as you interact with marine life.
Discover the Bay Cruise
- The local Expert Nature Guide will provide an entertaining story and full commentary of the area
- Enjoy a scenic cruise among the 144 islands in safe hands of an experienced skipper.
- Lifetime Marine Mammal Viewing Guarantee – we guarantee viewing marine mammals, including dolphins, whales and orca over 90% of the time
- Explore the iconic Hole in the Rock and when conditions permit, travel through it!
- Find an adventure on the island escape, a walk, paddle board, kayak, swim and so much more!
- Sample a scrumptious Island Lunch (9am departure) or enjoy an Island Dinner (2pm departure)
- Visit the Conservation Centre and learn about Explore NZ’s efforts with island conservation.
- Reduced capacity – smaller groups, better comfort, superior viewing and photo opportunities
Bay of Islands Twin Tour
- Discover the Bay Cruise departs at 9 am and 2.00 pm daily
- Discover the Bay Cruise: 4.5 hours
- Explore NZ offers a lifetime dolphin viewing guarantee on their Discover the Bay ‘Hole in the Rock’ Cruise
Corner of Marsden and Williams Roads, Paihia, Bay of Islands. Trips depart from the Wharf, Pier to your left (yellow and black boats), in Paihia, directly opposite the Explore NZ office.