Come and discover the excitement and adventure of this unique boat tour to Cathedral Cove – the most photographed beach in New Zealand.
Penguins, seals and dolphins are a big favourite when they take time out of their busy schedule to visit us. Hahei Explorer have a marine mammal watch permit allowing them to view wildlife from a safe distance. They are also Department of Conservation approved.
Hahei Explorer will take you to places only accessible by boat including coastal islands in the marine reserve and spectacular sea caves.
The magnificence of this natural volcanic coastline is legendary. When the tide is right we will take you inside an awesome blowhole 80 feet high – truly a magical place.
Seating only ten passengers, this personalised tour caters for all age groups.
Hahei Explorer Tour
- Travel 14 km past coastal islands of the marine reserve, reefs, massive sea caves and bays
- World famous Cathedral Cove
- Magnificent volcanic scenery
- Small personalised tour, seating only 10 passengers (although groups of up to 28 can be catered for between 3 boats)
- Tour caters for all age groups and is a great family activity
- In summer experience the first morning tour at 9 am, this is highly recommended as the sea is at it’s calmest and the marine life awakens and the rising sun shines beautifully onto the volcanic coastline.
- Visit the world famous Cathedral Cove on your tour, Hahei Explorer has concession to land on Cathedral Cove making this an extra special experience
- Highlights along the way include marine life: dolphins, seals and little blue penguins.
- Cathedral Cove & Blowhole: when the tide is right the tour visits an awesome blowhole, venturing through the sea cave underground into a gigantic rock cylinder 80 ft high!
- Narnia film locations: both Champagne Bay and Cathedral Cove were film sets for Narnia.
- Trips depart Hahei Beach at 10 am & 2 pm daily or on demand (9 am and 3 pm in summer or on demand)
What to bring
- Sunglasses and sunhat
- Warm jacket
Hahei Beach, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand.