Air Safaris Mount Cook Flightseeing
Air Safaris Lake Tekapo, Mt Cook & Franz Josef
Spectacular Scenic Flights, Lake Tekapo, New Zealand!
Air Safaris Mount Cook will take you on an unforgettable scenic flightseeing tour of the spectacular Mount Cook and Westland World Heritage Parks.
Explore the alpine wonderland of New Zealand’s highest mountains, view mighty alpine glaciers and lush coastal rain forests.
Grand Traverse of Mount Cook & Glaciers
Experience the premier scenic flight, the Grand Traverse of Mount Cook and Westland National Parks, with over 200 kilometres of NZ’s most spectacular alpine scenery, highlights include:
- Turquoise glacial lakes, golden tussock lands & braided rivers of the Mackenzie Basin
- Remote High Country Sheep Stations, glacial valleys and land-forms
- The Aoraki Mount Cook National Park – a magical world of permanent ice and snow
- NZ’s highest mountains and largest glaciers; including Mount Cook and Tasman Glacier
- The Westland National Park encompassing the magnificent Franz Josef & Fox Glaciers
- Every passenger has a window seat, all aircraft have wings-above to for optimum viewing
- Informative commentary with multi language commentary brochures supplied
- Hourly departures from Air Safaris’ bases at Lake Tekapo and Franz Josef; also from Glentanner Park Mount Cook with inter airport options available for tour groups.
- Approximately 50 minutes flight time, allow for 1 hour total duration.
Other Flight Options
- Air Safaris operate flights on demand to Milford Sound from Lake Tekapo & Franz Josef
- Scenic flights follow the Southern Alps to Milford Sound via the Mount Aspiring National Park and often return via the rugged West Coast of the South Island
- A tour of the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks can be included
- Flights generally stop over in Milford for 30 minutes, enough time to take in stunning views of the fiord and towering mountains from ground level
- Time to stop at Milford Sound for a boat cruise can be arranged if time and weather permit, please note you would need to allow 1/2 day for this trip
- Air Safaris operates charter services throughout the South & North Islands on request
- Specialising in charter flights between – Christchurch, Mt Cook, Queenstown & Milford
- Transfers between Franz Josef and Lake Tekapo or Mount Cook are popular options, this means a 6+ hour trip by road can be accomplished in less than 30 minutes by air
- The names Air Safaris and the Grand Traverse of Mount Cook and Glaciers are well known and respected in New Zealand tourism
- Air Safaris have been flying in the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks since 1970
- Air Safaris is currently one of New Zealand’s largest scenic flight airlines
- Safety has always been Air Safaris’ number one priority and have been awarded “The Director of Civil Aviation’s Award” for Safety
Air Safaris offers scenic flightseeing tours, operating from 3 convenient locations surrounding Mount Cook: Lake Tekapo, Glentanner Park Mt Cook and Franz Josef Glacier.