Photos Courtesy Treble Cone Ski Area, Wanaka
Treble Cone Ski Area Wanaka
Ski Treble Cone, Wanaka in 2017, 22 June – 01 October 2017!
Treble Cone is a fun mountain for enthusiasts. Large, long and challenging with Lake Wanaka and the Southern Alps providing a stunning backdrop.
A personalised experience, great for families and with a sheltered and sunny FREE learners slope for people learning to ski.
Daily Lift Passes for 2017
|Adult Lift Pass
|Child Lift Pass
|Student Lift Pass
|Senior Lift Pass
*Anytime pass is only for Treble Cone Ski Area, and can be used anytime within the 2017 season
**Flexi Pass can be used at either Treble Cone or Cardrona Ski Area, anytime within the 2017 season, one ski area per day
- The Learners area is FREE, Scenic Chairlift Ride $20 per person or Family $60.
- Family Pass 2 Adults & 2 Child Passes
Learn to Ski & Snowboard at Treble Cone
With small lesson sizes, uncrowded beginner slopes. There is no better place to learn how to Ski or Snowboard!
There are two options depending on whether this is your first time or your second day:
First Timer Package
- This is ideal if it’s your first time on the snow, enjoy a small group lesson with Treble Cone’s world class ski instructors.
- This package includes a 2 hour group lesson (10.30 am or 1.30 pm), Learners Lift Pass, Ski/Board Rental Package, Scenic Chairlift Ride & a Hot Beverage
Beginner Plus Package
- This is ideal if it’s your second day on the snow, enjoy a small group lesson with Treble Cone’s world class ski instructors.
- This package includes a 2 hr group lesson (10.30 am or 1.30 pm), Basin Express Lift Access during your lesson (to ski the Green runs) & Ski/Board Rental Package
Lesson Packages for 2017
|First Timer Package*
|Beginner Plus Package*
|Learn to Ski 1-2-Free**
*Guaranteed maximum size of 5 children and 8 adults per instructor
** Pay for two lesson packages and enjoy a third day free! Learn to Ski 1-2-Free must be purchased in one transaction for one guest. Should be used over three consecutive days to ensure real progression. Valid 22 June -01 October 2017.
Private Coaching Ski & Snowboard
Private Lessons are for people who prefer their own personal trainer for a coaching session from Treble Cone’s internationally recognised Snowsports School.
|Early Bird (9 – 10 am)
* Private lessons include a maximum of 2 people, additional person $70 per person (maximum of 5 people)
Kids Ski and Snowboard Group Lessons
This full day ski and snowboard lesson programmme for children is all about having fun while learning in a safe environment.
Designed for first timers right through to advanced skiers and snowboarders, groups are sorted by age and ability to guarantee maximum learning potential which is supported by Treble Cone’s Snow Sports School Guarantee.
The child care centre is ideal for those children who may tire of skiing part way through the day or just want to relax and play. Minimum age is 3; however children under 3 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
||Buy 4 Group Lessons Get 1 Free**
|Full Day Group Lesson
|Full Day Group Lesson with Lift
|Half Day Group Lesson
* Full day lesson includes supervised lunch, lessons start at 10.20am and 1.20pm, early drop off available in the morning.
**4 x Group Lessons must be purchased in a single transaction and for a single guess to access free fifth lesson. These lessons are ‘Anytime’ and can be redeemed on any days of the 2017 season.
Treble Cone Slopeside – Cafe and Bar Facilities
The award-winning café at Treble Cone is renowned for great food, views & the large sheltered courtyard.
Treble Cone is passionate about serving quality fresh produce and fine espresso coffee, available 7 days from 8am.
Taste their delicious cakes and slices, muffins hot from the oven, freshly made sushi, salads, sandwich wraps, gourmet burgers and hot mountain meals – like lamb shank pie, stir fried vegetables and the creamiest potato mash. There’s no need to pack your lunch!
Treble Cone Facts, Terrain & Lift Information
- Operating hours: 9 am – 4 pm
- Ski Area boundary: 550 ha (1359 acres)
- Snowmaking: 50 ha (123 acres),
- 10% beginner
- 45% intermediate
- 45% advanced
- Summit elevation: 2088 m (6850 ft)
- Base elevation: 1260 m (4110 ft)
- Highest lift access: 1960 m (6430 ft)
- Lift serviced vertical drop: 705 m (2312 ft)
- 6 Seater express chairlift
- Saddle quad chairlift
- Nice & Easy Platter
- Magic Carpet
- Total lift capacity: 4500 people/hour Longest run: 4 km (Top of Quad chair to carpark)
Located 35 minutes from Wanaka and 90 minutes drive from Queenstown.