Skyline Queenstown Gondola, Luge & Restaurant
Located an easy five-minute walk from central Queenstown, Skyline Queenstown offers awe-inspiring views of the region and entertainment and adventure for the whole family.
Take the journey on the iconic Gondola up Bob’s Peak to enjoy award-winning cuisine in the scenic restaurant, Kiwi Haka Maori culture performances, stargazing astronomy tours and the thrilling Skyline Luge!
Skyline Queenstown also offers the market kitchen cafe, souvenir shop, access to scenic walking tracks, mountain bike trails in the Queenstown Bike Park and breath-taking views from the viewing deck.
- Marvel at the stunning views as you ride the Skyline Gondola to the top of Bob’s Peak.
- Sit back and relax as the best views in the region unfold before your eyes and the Gondola carries you 450 metres above Queenstown.
- On arrival, the viewing platforms and outdoor terraces provide great photo opportunities. You can see Coronet Peak to the north, the Remarkables range to the east, and Cecil and Walter Peaks across the deep blue waters of Lake Wakatipu.
- The Skyline Queenstown Luge is a thrilling ride for all ages and abilities.
- Jump on your specialised Luge cart then take control as you zoom down the Luge. Catch the Luge chairlift back to the start zone and do it all over again.
- The scenic Blue Track is a leisurely ride with gentle gradient, easy bends, tunnels and dips. The advanced Red Track has a steeper gradient and is a more adventurous ride.
- There are many options when it comes to Queenstown restaurants – but none are quite like this! Feast on delicious New Zealand cuisine for lunch or dinner, served up with the best views in town at Stratosfare Restaurant.
- Dine with friends and family while enjoying spectacular views over Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains.
- Journey through the mythical legends and step into the world of Maori. Experience the fearsome Haka and the stunning poi display – a unique live show performed by Queenstown’s leading Kapa Haka group.
- Kiwi Haka is set in an intimate theatre surrounded by traditional decorations and mythical carved legends of the Wakatipu. The performers will take you on a journey through Maori culture and customs.
- The clear, unpolluted skies of Queenstown are the perfect setting for Skyline Queenstown’s stargazing experience.
- Perched high above Queenstown and surrounded by snow-capped mountains, keen stargazers have the opportunity to access a ‘hidden world’ not seen by the naked eye, and impossible to see in many other locations around the world.
- Top-of-the line telescopes give stargazers the chance to view an amazing array of sights, from the iconic Southern Cross and other famous constellations to the Milky Way and other galaxies.
The Market Kitchen
- The Market Kitchen is a modern, family friendly cafe offering fresh local fare as well as tastes from around the world.
- Enjoy a barista-made coffee or a light meal created before your eyes by the talented chefs.
- Come experience the gourmet pizzas from the pizza oven, the spectacular tandoori oven curries, or the freshly-made crepes, or choose from the pick-and-go selection. Surrounded by mountain views, the Market Kitchen at Skyline is the perfect place to relax and unwind before your next adventure.
- From the top of the Gondola, there are several walking or hiking tracks to enjoy. Get a copy of the Skyline trail map from the Information Desk (top of gondola) to enjoy the walks around the Skyline complex.
- Gondola open daily from 9am – late
- Luge open daily from 10am – 5pm
- Lunch open daily from 12pm – 2pm
- Dinner open daily from 5.30pm – late
- Kiwi Haka shows scheduled at 5.15pm, 6pm, 7.15pm and 8pm daily
Brecon Street, Queenstown, New Zealand.