Rangitata Rafts Canterbury
Rangitata Rafts Canterbury
White Water Rafting at its most Breathtaking!!
Few other rivers can offer you New Zealand’s most stunning scenery paired with the thrill and excitement of some of the most exhilarating white waters commercially rafted, all under the guidance of our fun-loving professional guides.
This is your day where we treat you as an individual, yet you will leave feeling part of a team. We are proud to have the time to make your day a special experience.
Join our day trip from Christchurch or drive yourself. Rangitata Rafts is located 30 minutes from the main highway from Christchurch to Queenstown in the beautiful and unique Rangitata Valley, in the heart of the Southern Alps. The scenery alone is worth the trip.
The Exciting Rangitata Gorge
- Surround yourself with the most spectacular mountain scenery whilst conquering some of the most exciting rapids commercially rafted.
- The gentle slow moving water at the beginning of the trip allows our team of professional guides to provide you full training before reaching the exhilarating grade 4 – 5 rapids. If anyone would prefer they can walk around the rapids with our photographer.
- But the white water thrills are just where the fun begins! Along the way you will have the opportunity to swim in the calmer sections of the river, challenge yourself to leap off a jump rock and absorb the breathtaking scenery.
- To ensure your energy levels are buzzing all day we provide a fresh lunch on arrival at our lodge. This provides a great opportunity to get to know your fellow rafters and guides.
- A full briefing for the day’s activities and safety and comfort equipment is provided for the 2.5 hours on the river.
- Refresh yourself with a nice hot shower at the end of the day then view your rafting photos while enjoying traditional BBQ meal.
The Fun and Gentle Lower Rangitata
- The Lower Rangitata offers the perfect introduction to rafting whilst having fun and enjoying stunning scenery.
- Suitable for families.
- Optional swimming in the calm river sections.
- Test your skills of guiding a raft and get your crew working together.
- Vary your trip and have a turn in the inflatable kayak.
- Listen to interesting stories about the original pioneers and the history of the area.
- An excellent half day of fun, includes a meal before or after rafting and hot showers.
- Rangitata Rafts River Lodge and rafting base is located on one of Canterbury’s original high country sheep stations, set alongside a scenic reserve and just two hours from Christchurch.
- It is the perfect place to stay, especially if you are travelling around by car/campervan. It is a beautiful part of New Zealand which many people never get to explore. You are welcome to stay at the lodge even if you are not participating in the white water rafting.
- Three great bunk rooms and two double rooms, full kitchen and bathroom facilities are provided in a relaxed setting with spectacular views. Relax on the sunny veranda or on colder days enjoy the warmth of the log burner.
- Rangitata Rafts is a member of NZRA (New Zealand Rafting Association)
- Transport can be provided to and from Christchurch
- Wetsuits, spray jackets, life jackets, poly pro, booties and helmets are provided
- You just need to bring a swimming suit, towel, sense of adventure and a big smile
Rangitata Rafts is located 13km beyond Peel Forest Village, 30 minutes from the picturesque town of Geraldine.
Posted in Akaroa Activities, Christchurch Activities