Kahu Guided Kayaks Abel Tasman
Kahu Guided Kayaks Abel Tasman
Kahu Kayaks is a genuine, small kayak company, 100% locally owned and operated, with loads of experience taking guided kayak trips in the Abel Tasman.
Not only will you have a great experience sea kayaking, but you will learn about the wildlife, history and Maori legends that makes the Abel Tasman National Park such an intriguing coastline to kayak.
Kahu Half Day Cruise Mode
- Join your local legendary guides as they share their enthusiasm for the stunning stretch of coastline between Marahau and Stephens Bay. Check out nesting cormorants, sea caves, islands and the world famous Split Apple Rock. Kayaking time: 3 hours.
Kahu Full Day Cruise Mode
- After your morning paddle say farewell to your guide as you embark on the next phase of your trip. Cruising aboard the Sea Shuttle water taxi you’ll be treated to panoramic views of the famous Abel Tasman National Park, visiting The Pinnacle Island Seal Colony before disembarking at Bark Bay.
- Here you begin to explore the coastal track, an unguided 2 hr walk to Torrent Bay, meeting the Sea Shuttle at 3.45 for the relaxing ride home. Kayaking time: 3 hours, includes scenic water taxi.
Kahu Classic Marine Reserve Tour
- Located midway along the Abel Tasman coastline is the Tonga Island Marine Reserve. It spans 1835 hectares of exquisite beaches, tidal lagoons, unusual rock formations, islands & reefs. This reserve protects all marine life within its boundaries, such as seals, penguins & other seabirds
- From Marahau climb aboard a water taxi headed for the golden sands of Onetahuti. Then it’s into the double kayak for a magical paddle northwards, where you enjoy close encounters with the resident seal population.
- From here visit the remarkable rock formation known as the “Arches of Tonga”. Enjoy a delicious lunch while your guide brews a fresh coffee, take a swim, walk or just relax.
- A string of beautiful beaches and enchanting lagoons await you on your paddle south, before you hoist your specially designed spinnakers for an effortless sail into Anchorage Bay. From here it’s back on the water taxi to enjoy the scenic cruise to Marahau via the world famous Split Apple Rock.
(Includes full day guided kayaking, water taxi transfers, nourishing lunch)
Kahu Kayaks Southern Blend
This half-day guided kayak tour paddling between Marahau and Watering Cove (approximately three hours) takes you through the safe, sheltered and scenic southern reaches of the Abel Tasman. Home to more than a dozen beautiful golden beaches, two islands, several sea caves, reefs and tidal lagoons.
Following your ½ Day Guided Kayak there are numerous options for your afternoon adventure:
Half Day Kayak
- Short on time, return direct to Marahau on the water taxi.
Kayak and walk
- An easy unguided walk (approx 3 hours). Wind your way through native fern gullies, bush clad headlands, cool clear streams and estuaries – fantastic photo opportunities.
Kayak and Sail
- Stroll ½ an hour to Anchorage Bay where you board Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures Catamaran. From here sail north to Pinnacle Island to view the seal colony before an exhilarating sail back down the coast.
Kayak and Scenic Cruise
- Stroll ½ an hour to Anchorage Bay, where you join a scenic round trip via Totaranui, viewing seals and abundant birdlife before disembarking at Coquille Bay for a 30 min walk home to Marahau.
Sandy Bay Road, Marahau, Abel Tasman, New Zealand.
Posted in Abel Tasman Activities, Nelson Activities