Happy Valley Adventures Nelson
Happy Valley Adventures Nelson
Your first stop for fun! Just 15 minutes north of Nelson, hosts Keith and Jill and their friendly team of staff are keen to share their 1600 acre farm & forest paradise with you.
You may only have an hour or two or maybe you want to make a day of it. Either way you’ll have an award-winning outdoor kiwi experience with Happy Valley Adventures.
* Riders need to be at least 16 years of age – but anyone can go on tour as a passenger, either on the back of a friend’s quadbike or with the guide.
Farm Forest Ride (allow 1.5 hours)
- Shorter ride, designed to suit all abilities, visit the giant Matai trees and native forest trails
- Ride through fields of sheep, along river banks and play on the famous fun track!
Bay Circuit (allow 2.5 hours)
- Explore over 14 km of beautiful native forest trails & visit the world’s largest Matai tree
- Ride high to the hilltops to spectacular coastal scenery, then down through the farmlands
- Play on the famous “fun track,” light refreshments included – the most popular ride!
- The world’s longest flying fox adventure – in Nelson!
- Set high on forest hills above the sea & river valleys, an amazing innovation & eco ride
- Soar like a bird for over 3 km, up to 150 m above beautiful native forest
- Experience high speeds with absolute quiet while admiring 1000 shades of green below
- The Thrill – The Skywire chair takes you both forwards and backwards for nearly 10 mins
- The first 800 m freewheeling drop can reach 100 kph
- A thrilling ride yet secure in the highest standard of equipment safety (allow 1 hour)
* Your journey has an optional nature talk including a visit to the world’s oldest Matai tree.
Guided Horse Treks
- If flying through the air or quad bikes are not your thing explore the valley on horseback
- All levels of ability – range of treks to suit your level of ability
- Your guide will ensure that your horse is suitable for you to ride
- Variety of terrain – your guide can take you through meandering rivers and along mountain trails, with breathtaking mountain and sea views along the way
Paintball & The Amphibious Argo Ride at Happy Valley
- Take on the challenge of the largest paintball theme park in Nelson, featuring forts, villages, trenches, creeks and much more or the thrills of an adrenalin packed argo ride.
- Worried about what to wear? Wear warm clothing, sturdy footwear and long trousers. Helmets are provided. Gear can be provided to make sure you stay warm even in the wettest conditions.
- If you have any questions or special requirements, just ask.
- Happy Valley Adventures operate every day of the year except Christmas Day.
- Looking for something different? Combine any of the activities above – if you want something specific, or are worried you won’t have enough time or the right gear, just ask!
- Pick-up and drop off service to and from key Nelson locations as long as you book ahead.
194 Cable Bay Road Nelson, New Zealand. Happy Valley Adventures is located 15mins to the north-east of Nelson on Cable Bay Road.