About Hamilton, New Zealand
Hamilton is New Zealand’s largest inland city, situated on the banks of the Waikato River. Being in the hub of central North Island, visitors have easy access to iconic attractions in the area.
This area is well known for its underground wonders, black sand surf beaches and rolling green hills. The Waikato region offers a wealth of outdoors based activities and attractions surrounding the vibrant city. Centrally located approximately 90 minutes from Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua, Hamilton is a great base for any holiday in the central North Island.
- Visit and take a tour of the Hobbiton Film Set
- For underground adventure visit the Waitomo Caves
- Or take an exhilarating rafting trip through the Ruakuri Cave with Black Water Rafting
- Sit back, relax and rejuvenate at the Te Aroha Mineral Pools
- Visit the surf mecca of New Zealand – Raglan’s surf coast
- There are plenty of tracks and trails to walk or bike, or take a casual stroll along the Waikato River. Or venture further to experience overnight walks and winding mountain bike tracks.
- For fun – visit the chocolate and candy factory
- Enjoy a farm tour, balloon ride, the Hamilton Zoo, Hamilton Gardens and the weekly markets.
- From cafes, art galleries, shopping, through to an ever changing calendar of high profile events.
New Zealand Travel Organiser can assist you with your Hamilton travel plans today! Contact us for more.