Alpine Helicopters Wanaka
Alpine Helicopters Wanaka
If your passion is discovering nature, being knee deep in fresh powder, fishing that remote river or enjoying a special moment in the snow capped mountains, Alpine Helicopters can make it happen in comfort and style.
Family owned and operated since 1972, operations are headed by Toby and Nick Wallis.
Southern Lakes Highlights
- Experience beautiful Wanaka from above with panoramic views of snow-capped mountains and glacier fed rivers and lakes. Enjoy spectacular photo opportunities with an alpine landing to take it all in
- One landing, allow 20 minutes.
- Fly over lakes, rivers and mountains into the Southern Alps. You’ll enjoy a panoramic view of high country sheep and cattle farms as well as the spectacular Mount Aspiring National Park. Excellent photo opportunities and an alpine landing to top it all off.
- One landing, allow 40 minutes.
Mt Aspiring and Glacier Discovery
- This high altitude adventure captures the magic of the majestic Mount Aspiring National park. You will be in awe of the glaciers with their crystal blue ice walls, deep crevasses, sheer rock faces and cascading waterfalls. Includes both an alpine landing and a snow landing with stunning panoramas and stunning photo opportunities.
- Two landings, allow 60 minutes
Milford Sound Highlights
- Discover Milford Sound in comfort and style with a flight from Wanaka or Queenstown traversing both the Mount Aspiring and Fiordland National Parks.
- Landing at Milford Sound, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a short bush walk and take a moment to be truly captivated by the natural beauty of the rainforest.
- One landing, allow 2 hours.
Milford Sound Experience
- Experience Milford Sound’s spectacular ice carved cliffs rising from the ocean. Witness cascading waterfalls and unparalleled scenery on a journey of discovery through forested valleys and snowcapped peaks.
- Two landings will allow you the opportunity to breathe the fresh mountain air! A boat cruise is also available with this option.
- Two landings, allow 3 hours.
West Coast Discovery
- Showcasing some of New Zealand’s most untouched and well preserved natural landscape, the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island is rugged and awe-inspiring.
- On this trip you will be flown over the lush forest of Mount Aspiring National Park, traversing glaciers and snowcapped mountains, making multiple landings to enjoy a first hand experience with the landscape.
- This flight includes a picnic at one of the several secluded alpine locations.
- Mulitple landings, picnic lunch, allow half a day.
Fiordland Heli Traverse
- The Fiordland Heli Traverse is the pinnacle of all Heli Adventures and comes highly recommended for guest who have an entire day to explore Fiordland and Mount Aspiring National Parks as well as Milford Sound and Southern Alps.
- As part of this excursion, guest have the opportunity to relax and enjoy gourmet alpine picnic in a remote setting. This flight offers a completely tailored experience and will undoubtedly be the highlight of any trip in New Zealand.
- Mulitple landings, gourmet picnic lunch, guide, allow half a day.
Personalised Ultimate Discovery
- Charters tailored to suit – POA
- Departures from the Wanaka Airport or from lodges with landing facilities
- Alpine Helicopters can also arrange pick ups from Queenstown
- Departures on demand with minimum numbers permitting, allow 20 minutes-all day
- All flights and routes are weather dependent and may vary at pilots discretion
- Courtesy transport available
- Bring warm clothing, sunglasses, camera and wear sturdy footwear
Wanaka Airport, 10 Lloyd Dunn Ave, State Highway 6, Wanaka, New Zealand.